Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Diet Frustration

I am always on some sort of diet, or trying to be at least.  I am currently on week 3 of a hard core diet/ workout program. Well, intense for me at least.  I have been working out 3 to 4 times a week.  I am even getting up at 6am to work out before work.  I lost 2lbs after week one and was so excited.  This morning was my weigh-in day.  I was all excited for my number to be lower yet again.  But guess what … I GAINED 2 lbs.  Betsy and Chloe say it is probably muscle because I am working out.  I know muscle is supposed to be good, but I don’t want to GAIN anything.  I want to weigh less!!  I want to, for the first time in a long time, not weigh more than what ever boy I have a crush on!  


This is why I end up giving up on diet and exercise.  I get frustrated that I am doing the right things, and it still doesn’t move the scale.  Then I give up and find myself chubbier than ever.  I just want to yell at Debbie (the fitness instructor on my workout videos) and tell her all her puns about shrinking are lies!  I bet Debbie had lipo when she got her boob job.  And yes she had a boob job from the first video she made to the second!  Come on, Deb, people notice that kind of thing!  


As I watch skinny girls buy their chicken tenders, I marvel at their metabolism.  I’m not giving up on my diet (this time). I’ll eat my salad, my boring, lackluster, salad.  I will get skinny!  I am not trying to pretend that I can get my Size 16 ass into a Size 2.  I just want to be my version of thin.  I don’t want to lose my curves; I just want to improve them.  So, even if I am pissed that I GAINED weight, ok, I will pretend it is muscle. I will wake up tomorrow and work out with Debbie.  I may yell at her when she tells me we are almost there, and there are really 16 reps left, but I will do those 16 reps anyway.  


It’s not about getting skinny for anybody but me.  I want to feel good about shopping and not be limited by size.  So operation #BodyBackIn2012, or #GetABodyIn2012 is underway.  Lets kick this Diet’s ASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment