Monday, April 23, 2012

Roller Coaster of Emotions

I don’t even know how I am functioning this morning after the true roller coaster of emotions I put myself through this weekend!  

I never pass up a chance for a moment of nostalgia, so of course I had to go see Titanic in 3D!  I went with my friends Chloe and Claire.  I knew Chloe and I would cry, but Claire was the surprise crier.  She had crocodile tears pouring down her face.  But who could blame her, it's Titanic!  It builds you up, gives you hope in true love, then rips you down with a million moments of sadness.  Knowing that people really died on that boat, really suffered through the turmoil, fear, and pain is overwhelming.  I can’t even count the amount of times I cried.  Downfall to 3D glasses is that they fog up with tears.  They really should have considered that.  

Just as Friday was a heart-wrenching, tear-jerking adventure, Saturday was heart-warming and full of moments of true joy.  I knew watching Jeopardy being taped was going to be exciting, but I did not know it was going to be so ellating.  Thanks to a lovely gentleman (usually I would refer to him as a 13 year old stuck in a 25 year-old body), Chloe and I had VIP tickets to Jeopardy!  Chloe is a true Jeopardy fan.  She DVRs it everyday, and it is her dream to be a contestant.  We got into D.A.R. Constitution Hall and were ushered to the 10th row in the center section.  This was exciting enough as we watched some of America’s “Power Players” in their warm-up game.  Then the man himself came out, Alex Trebek.  

During the commercial breaks, Alex took questions from the audience.  He was quick, witty, and very down-to-earth.  I wish I had a job I love as much as he loves his.  Then again, who wouldn’t love being a tv host?  I actually got to ask him a question.  I got a little nervous, but I felt my question was good.  I asked him, “Besides Jeopardy, what is his favorite television show of all time?” He pulled through with the classic Law and Order.  Nice choice, Alex.  

While asking a question was great, Anderson Cooper walking on stage made my heart almost jumped out of my chest!  See, Anderson Cooper is one of my favorite people!  The silver fox is just fascinating to me.  I watch his daytime talk show every day. (Shh don’t tell my boss!) I love how goofy and slightly self-deprecating he can be.  He doesn’t apologize for being a dork, and his attitude on life inspires me.  I think I may have bruised Chloe’s arm with my excessive, excited, girly hand spasms.  Just being in the same room with him was like a dream come true!  Every time he answered a question or made a joke my heart just warmed!  In fact, I actually think every time I looked at Chloe, I said, “He just warms my heart!”  

My favorite celebrities are the ones I let into my world every day.  They are the hosts of talk shows and people I follow closely on Twitter.  I would be more excited to meet the anchors of Good Morning America, Kelly Ripa, or Anderson Cooper than almost anyone.  (With the exception of Rob Lowe - my ideal man!)  Its the people that share their lives with me that feel like they are apart of mine. The only downside to our AMAZING seats was the group of douchey guys behind us.  They were clearly drunk, kept asking each other about the hockey game, and were BOOING my boy Anderson Cooper.  I thought I might have to fight for Anderson’s honor with the trashy meat heads. I mean, one stilled lived in their mother’s house.  That made us feel prettttty good about ourselves.  One of their laughs made Chloe’s skin crawl.  She described it as similar to the laugh of Eric in Billy Madison, you know the weasel laugh.  They finally left halfway through Anderson’s episode.  I truly do not understand the audacity of some people.  

This weekend I laughed, I cried, and I almost punched a guy.  True roller coaster of emotions, and that only gets you through Saturday.  Keep coming back for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment