Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Introducing the Power Players

I realize that I should probably introduce all of you to the lovely ladies that are constants in my life and will make regular appearances in the blog.  So here is the cheat sheet to my friends.  The Power Players, if you will.

Chloe: Chloe is my sounding board and my voice of reason.  She is a witty midwestern girl who is very proud of her Chicago roots.  I often forget that she is a little older than me because we just understand each other.  She is my person.  You know that person that you would call in any situation, and no matter what, you know you can count on them.  She can rock a shift dress and for a Yankee, her hair teasing skills are amazing.  

Vivian: Vivian, Vivi for short, is my sassy fashion-forward friend.  If you want to know anything about any celebrity, I bet Vivi knows it.  She has the gift to make me laugh unlike anyone else.  She is quite the performer when she rocks the mic at karaoke.  She is out of town for business for the next few months, and I feel like a piece of me is missing!

Mary: Mary is our non-Jersey Jersey girl.  She has an infectious laugh that I could pick out of any crowd.  The boys love Mary and her chill, laid-back attitude.  She is the kind of pretty that takes no effort.  I envy her confidence and relaxed approach at life.  

Betsy: Betsy is my wonderful roommate.  She is another Midwestern girl and my sorority sister (different schools).  Her big hair bows and love for odd foreign films make her a true hipster.  She is truly beautiful inside and out, but sometimes I wish she could see herself the way I see her.  Strong and full of faith, I find myself inspired by her.   

Claire: Claire is my West-Coast mystery wrapped in an enigma.  She is an old soul even though she is the youngest.  I think she is just starting to come into her own and figuring out what it means to be Claire.  One thing I do know, Claire has a kind, warm heart.

Skyler: Skyler is yet another Chicago girl.  She is sporty yet girly.  If you see Skyler, you are bound to get one of her famous hugs.  She is so open to people and what they have to bring to her life.  

Tori: Tori is a straight shooter.  She doesn’t play games.  She likes what she likes and doesn't apologize for it.  Maybe that is how she found herself a part of one of the best couples I have ever met.  She and Peter have a level of trust that you don’t see in many relationships.  Because they have trust, they can just enjoy each other and their friends.  

These are not all of the fabulous people that bless my life in DC with fun and friendship.  I am lucky to have a large group of amazing people that make up my world here, too many to fit in one post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment