Tuesday, February 26, 2013

And the Oscar goes to ...

I have been watching the Oscar’s for as long as I can remember.  I used to believe my true calling in life was to be an actress, and while watching the Oscars I was studying my craft.  That is what a nine year old me used to say to my mother when pleading my case to stay up late enough to watch the entire broadcast.  The older I got, the more I loved the fashion.  There is just something magical and so glamourous about the Oscars.  With that being said, there is also a lot of judgment to go around, and with that comes my Best and Worst Dressed List!

Worst Dressed List:
Lets start with the bad and work our way to the biggest honor.  It is like the Oscars themselves.  They put all the tech awards that no one really cares about first so you stay tuned for the good stuff.   

Anne Hathaway decided to pull her prom dress from 2000 out of the back of her closet.  She should have left it there!  Powder pink had its big Oscar moment with Gwyneth did it to perfection.  No one can recreate that.  Anne may have won the Oscar, but she missed the fashion mark. 

WORST DRESSED goes to Salma Hayek!  There are just so many things wrong with her look.  From the little girl hair topped with a tiara, to the crushed velvet, nothing worked!  I felt like I was watching a red carpet tape from the 1980s!  I seriously hope who ever put her in this dress no longer has a job


.


Almost, but not quite:
These are the ladies that looked good, but not outstanding.  

Jessica Chastain’s dress was very pretty, but I just didn’t like it on her.  The color was, well, not really a color.  It washed her out.  I would have loved to have seen her in a bold color that played up her fair skin instead of blending into it. 


 

Jennifer Aniston looked beautiful!  I loved the dress and was so excited that someone decided to wear color!  The only reason she did not make my Best Dressed category is because she had just every day hair.  Look, we get it, you have amazing hair J Aniston.  It’s the Oscars, though! Put it up!

Reese Witherspoon wins Best Hair of the night!  I also loved this blue on her!  I would have lost the bow though.  I also think it fit a little funny in the chest.  Overall I think she looked beautiful, just not quite best dressed beautiful.  Sorry Reese!  I still love you!

Best Dressed Category:
These are the women that just rocked it from head to toe!  

Jane Fonda not only looks damn good for her age, but she just looked damn good!  I thought her dress was age appropriate, and just fun and fresh.  I want to look that good now, let alone at her age!

Stacy Keibler may only be relevant because she is dating George Clooney, but she has stepped up the glamour since her days as a female wrestler.  She rocked the red carpet in this 1920s inspired look.  Even the hair is spot on!


 

And Best Dressed goes to …. Jennifer Lawrence! She wore the perfect big Oscar dress for her big Oscar moment!  She looked classic, classy, young, and fresh all at the same time!  It doesn’t hurt that I also want to be her best friend!


 

And if you weren’t already mesmerized by the beautiful silhouette and the intriguing back necklace you have to love the fact that this happened!

Oh and for your viewing pleasure Jennifer Lawrence being Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment