Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year ... So Much New

Hello 2013!  I hope you bring great happiness and wonderful adventures.  2012 was full of twists and turns, heartbreak and hope, laughter and tears.  I know, I am a little late to the game to post in 2013.  Things have been a bit crazy so far.

There is almost an overwhelming amount of new in this new year.  New job, new apartment, new haircut, new boys, just so much new!  It has been a whirlwind!  I am just trying to wrap my head around all the changes.  So let’s start from the beginning.

New Year’s Eve I put on a sparkly dress and went with Katie to a house party.  (Stefan did not include me in his plans.)  This  house was incredible - they even had a DJ.  Champagne, drinking games, and a hot dance floor made the minutes until midnight a blast.  I had a lovely midnight kiss from the smoking hot host.  Unfortunately, Hottie Host had to get back to his hosting duties, and I was left to my own devices.  We all know that can be dangerous!  While Katie and I were burning up the dance floor, I was taking a boy inventory.  There was this one guy that caught my eye with his great smile and Mr. Rogers sweater.  I shook my curvy ass over there and asked Ryker to dance.  After steaming up the dance floor, we made our way to the porch to cool down.  

How a boy kisses you for the first time says a lot about him.  I like it when a guy reads the signals correctly and just goes for it.  Ryker was on the right page for sure.  As we were talking rather close he slipped his arm around my waist, pulled me in, and pressed his lips against mine.  I was hooked as we melted into each other. We spent the rest of the party making out like teenagers on the back porch, oblivious to the fact that the party was clearing out inside.  At the end of the night, Katie and I left our boys-of-the-night behind, but not before Ryker got my number.  He didn’t wait long to use it either.  His text saying he wished he was still kissing me made my first dreams of 2013 euphoric.  

So, 2013 started off with a little romance and that gave me hope.  As everything seems to be changing in my life, I am excited for the possibilities.  I ended 2012 a complete mess, but as 2013 kicks off I am putting my life back together.  I am starting down a new career path, I have moved into my own little shoebox of a studio, and I am doing my best to leave the ghosts of 2012 where they belong, in the past.  

No comments:

Post a Comment