Friday, June 15, 2012

Crush

Lately, I’m bored with my lack of potential love interests.  I spent a few weeks hoping Penn would text or call me.  That weekend was so magical, so I was not ready to give up on it.  I also think I wanted to make it mean something, to not feel so promiscuous.  It is time to face reality - that we would never fit into each other’s lives, so why ruin the memory?

This is why I want a new crush.  I want someone to get excited over.  I want someone to dress extra special for.  Nothing is better than putting an outfit together with someone in mind, wondering if they will like the way you look.  Getting butterflies in your stomach when they walk in a room is intoxicating.  Having a person to text when you’re tipsy and want to flirt is comforting.  

A crush is all about the anticipation.  Will they flirt back?  What can you do to get their attention? When you do get their attention, then it’s the potential for that first kiss.  If you’re lucky, you kiss your crush.  There is something about a really amazing kiss: the nerves, adrenaline, emotion.

It's not just about the kiss, it's about the build-up.  There is so much energy between you and him it could make your hair stand on in.  It is like an invisible electric tether pulling you closer.  The tension builds and the simple brush of a hand against yours makes you want to explode.  Time stops in that moment - right before the first kiss.  You have probably thought about that very moment a thousand times.  

Post-kiss is when worry sinks in.  Will they call?  Did you kill the mystery?  It is that post kiss period when you are teetering between being more or being crushed.  Yes, a crush is exciting, but it also opens you up to the potential to get hurt.  However, I believe in a no-risk-no-reward philosophy in life, especially in my love life.  So, bring on the summer crush!  Bring on the excitement!    

No comments:

Post a Comment